Sonntag, 8. Januar 2017

New Year - Millennium Hammer - and other stuff


Happy New Year to everyone,


yes, a little late but all good things need their time.

Ok - 2016 was a let´s say difficult year for me. On the real life side as well as on the hobby front.
I did not manage to paint a lot, did not visit the shows I normally visit and started lots of different things unable to focus on a bigger project.

A few days ago I got together with "Künne" my regular gaming mate and my good friend in one person (lucky boy I am).

We talked about what we would like to do in 2017 in regards of hobby time. After some talking about good old times we remembered when we first met each other and where it all started. We played Warhammer against each other at that point when Warhammer has had it´s best times ever. I talk about the 6th Edition released in September 2000. From now on I call it Millennium-Hammer just to create another term for an older version of Warhammer :-)

Very soon we decided which army we will gather for our new project. I will go for the High Elves which I always loved for their style of playing and for the lovley miniatures designed over the last 25 years. Another reason is that I already have some painted miniatures for this army as well.

We will create our armies in little steps and play some battles while our armies will growing bigger. So hopefully you will see more of this project in the future.

For those of you that are not very interested in Warhammer I will also have some other things I will focus on. I have some ideas for ancient mythic wargaming, Frostgrave and some other things. More on this later...

To make a start showing painted miniatures I have some pictures of the Warhammer High Elves I have already painted.


My favorite HE miniatures - the Lothern Seaguard












I have painted 15 of them - the army will include 2 untits of 20 each. 



I love the detail on these miniatures, different armour and quivers











































My other favorites - White Lions of Chrace









And their hero Korhil

This miniature is from a later edition - love him



Korhil and his White Lions

I used the Marauder sculpts of the White Lions

Again lot of character and great equipment detail

The Marauder versions have real huge lion pelts

The command miniatures

Notice the white lion fur of the inner cloak

































































































The units that I plan to do are:

2x 20 Lothern Seaguard
2x 10 Archers
1x 18 Spear Elves
1x 16 Maiden Guard
1x 12 Shadow Warriors
2x Tiranoc Chariots
2x 6 Ellyrian Reaver Knights
2x Great Eagles
2x Bolt Thrower 
2x Mages
1x Battle Standard Bearer
3x other Heroes 

Puhh, that will take some time. Though the Dark Elves from my mate will keep me going.

See you later.

Alex






7 Kommentare:

  1. Nice article my friend. Can't wait until we meet on wednesday. I plan to glue the first 20 Spearman together than. May Khaine give me the power to strike those misguided beings down.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Great stuff - I have a fairly large number of second-hand painted High Elves that I plan to use for both A Fantastic Saga and God of Battles, so this is great inspiration and motivation to watch!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Your High Elves look great and your project sounds like fun.
    Happy New Year!
    Karl

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thank you guys. Will keep you updated about this project.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. The wholesale product is the best time to buy flagship deals as most of them will get a massive price cut. There is an additional discount on Debit and Credit cardholders. Today we are going to take a look at a more products that you may look to wish list before the sale begins. Here wholesale products online you can purchase wholesale product with actual price and give away you can find Men's accessories, women accessories, kid's fashion trends, all jewelry sets, men and women smart watches and clothing here.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. BSNL Recharge Plans, View the tariff of one year plan, and check the validity of each FRC 2021 to avail unlimited 4G data and calls with free SMS & applicable full talk time for your mobile in all India. BSNL recharge BSNL announced new promotional offer upto 31.03.2021 for PV 399 with 1+1GB data and PV699 with extra validity of 20days, and where PV1999 aill get 30days extra validity for both plan & freebies for the recharges during the period.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Hi, really beautiful miniatures and painting job! I especially like the armour and helmets. What colours did you use here?

    AntwortenLöschen